This pack has been created specifically for small boat instructors, it’s the perfect complement to your training days. Carry on to the boat in your dry bag and with the addition of a small magnetic whiteboard (which can be obtained for a few pounds from major retailers), you have a classroom afloat!
We created a few new items for this pack which will come in very handy, all of which are magnetic using neodymium magnets encapsulated in the bases.
- Magnetic Man Overboard marker
- Magnetic Compass direction arrows
- Magnetic Obstacle / Rock
If you can imagine a scenario you can probably demonstrate it using this pack, let’s look at a couple of the possibilities.
- Man Overboard
- Place the marker between a wind arrow and a rib
- Demonstrate the approach into wind
- Demonstrate where we will be picking up the casualty
- Demonstrate our escape plan
- Picking up a Buoy
- Place a buoy and wind arrow (and tide too!)
- Demonstrate the correct approach
- Demonstrate the best place to pick up the buoy
- Demonstrate leaving the buoy
- Coming Alongside
- Set up the pontoon, wind and tide indicators
- Use a second model to show other boats moored
- Demonstrate the approach, escape plan
- Demonstrate where we will pick up the pontoon
- Demonstrate how we will leave
As you can see, that’s just three possibilities for using the models afloat, you can also use the buoys to demonstrate pilotage, navigation, colregs, demonstrate sailing boat tactics, and much much more.